Caregiving Tips to Lessen the Load!
Join us to help support people and communities in need of extra care and resources.
Did you know that there are 53 million Caregivers in the US? This translates to 1 in 5 Americans!
That number has increased by almost 10 million people in just 5 years, with 66,000 people becoming new to caregiving daily!
Whether it’s short-term care while a loved one is recovering from a surgery or helping support someone through long-term illness, the work of Caregiver for an adult or a special needs child is rarely easy yet can be rewarding. Caregivers often help with shopping, emotional support, managing finances, daily housework and transportation. As a result of these extra responsibilities, many Caregivers feel stressed and burned out or lonely, which can impact their own health and well-being.
Whether you are a caregiver or know someone who is, there are simple things you can do to help!
TOP TIPS FOR CAREGIVERS
If you are working to help keep loved ones healthy and happy, there may be days you feel you cannot do or be enough. In those times, it’s important to remember to take care of yourself so that you can strengthen your own reserves of positivity.
- Ask for help when you need it. Reaching out to friends and family or a support group can lighten your load, even if it’s just online or a phone call.
- Sleep quality and quantity are both critical to mental and physical well-being. Here’s a 5-minute read from ZzzQuil on how to fall asleep fast.
- Maintain time for yourself and your hobbies. Your brain and your body need time to recharge. Even a short walk can make a big difference!
- Prioritize. There’s always more to do than can be done in a day, so pick the 1 or 2 things which must be done and do those first. Sure, the laundry may pile up more than you’d like it to some days, but if medical billing and insurance calls need attention, focus there first.
- Connect with other Caregivers and talk about works – Many caregivers have raved about P&G products like Swiffer Dusters for easier cleaning, Tide Antibacterial Fabric Spray for clothes and soft surfaces and Always Discreet for bladder leak protection. Just knowing you’re not alone can be a real pick-me-up!
TIPS FOR FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF CAREGIVERS
If a friend or family member is caring for a loved one, they might not always know when they need help, and they may not know what to ask for. Here are some simple things to consider:
One way to make a difference is by engaging with us on P&G Good Everyday. Join us to help support people and communities in need of extra care and resources.